Update 6/26: Now we have the full specs of the 6D Mark II. Check the bulleted list below the images. Unfortunately, no 4K video.
Update 6/21: We now have our first look at the Canon EOS 6D Mark II courtesy of Nokishita. Rumored specs follow the images.
Hey, Canon can’t let Sony have all the fun in releasing new camera bodies. The Canon EOS 6D Mark II is lighting up the internet with more information. Sadly, one of the rumored specs is that it will lack 4K. What gives Canon?
Canon EOS 6D Mark II Details
First up is the announcement date. We shouldn’t be waiting long with the rumor being June 29 and shipping in early August. Can’t hate on the quick turnaround. What about price? $1,999.00.
And now the spec warfare fans will want to know:
- 26MP CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 7
- 5 Axis Electronic Image Stabilization
- Anti-flicker technology
- 1080P 60p – Canon, ole pal. Why does a $2,000 camera body lack 4K in 2017?
- 45-point AF all cross-type
- Single SD card slot
- Burst rate 6.5 fps (up to about 4fps when servo AF is set for Live View shooting)
- Standard ISO: 100 – 40000 (extended ISO: 50 [L], 51200 [H 1], 102400 [H 2])
- Shutter speed: 1/4000 to 30 seconds, Valve, strobe synchronized maximum shutter speed 1/180 second
- 3″ Vari-Angle LCD
- 98% viewfinder
- Time Lapse
- Size: 144.0 x 110.5 x 74.8 mm
- Weight: 685 g (body only), 765 g (including battery and SD card)
- New battery grip BG-E21
What do you think? It seems a bit odd the lack of 4K. Not a dealbreaker, but still at the price point, what’s the big push to upgrade over the 6D Mark I? The lack of dual SD card slots is sure to get people fired up. And nothing on frames per second. Where it does shine is the nice upgrade in sensor and AF points. It jumps from 20.2 to 26 and 11 to 45. Not exactly eye-popping numbers, but if it works, it works.
Those looking for further confirmation, take a look at Amazon. Another $300 off the Mark I as the company will move the clear inventory.
Last update on 2017-09-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Follow News Ledge
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you make a purchase using one of the affiliated links.