Hotfix 5 has hit Destiny today and you can say goodbye to the monster cave. Oh, and Queen’s Wrath missions if you already have good gear. Here’s the fixes.
– Reduced drop rate of engrams following a hard wipe (fixed in 188.8.131.52).
Queen’s Wrath Event
– Material rewards for dismantling Queen’s Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary Items.
– The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
– Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
– Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
– Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
– Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
– Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)
So, there you have it. No more farming unless you don’t mind waiting 40 seconds for enemies to spawn.
I get the exploit fixes. Those are nothing new. But, why get rid of ascendant shards from Queen’s gear? Anyone with decent gear has no reason to play Queen’s Wrath missions now. It’s not like the missions are new.
Besides the hotfix, Bungie also touched on some topics in a dev note.
First up, loot. Bungie acknowledges they did a terrible job communicating the randomness of engrams. I still haven’t received a legendary piece of gear from a legendary engram. “Players see what looks like the familiar metaphor of item identification, while the Cryptarch thinks he’s opening a grab bag of loot. Rage sharding of blues ensues. Expect to see changes to address this soon.”
Yeah, legendaries should be legendaries. Period. The drop rate is already extremely low, and nearly every time they are blues.
Bungie also touched on voice communications. “Destiny’s near-term solution will be to allow players to opt-in to voice communication during matchmade activities. Work on this feature was underway at launch and should be rolled out this year in Strikes and the Crucible,” Bungie writes.
I get it. Bungie wants to keep communications positive. But, they should have included more interaction capabilities besides waving and dancing. Add quick messages such as ‘looking for Strike group’ or ‘need Guardians for Vault of Glass.’ Right now, Destiny is a social game with no ability to communicate in-game.
Bungie also addresses multiplayer balance in the post. Look for auto rifles to get nerfed soon.
It’s good to see Bungie addressing some of the issues with Destiny. Now, they need to get matchmaking on raids. Start introducing some of the mechanics in future strikes or something. I beat Vault of Glass earlier this week, and it is by far the best part of Destiny. Too bad many people won’t be able to experience it.
Follow News Ledge
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you make a purchase using one of the affiliated links.