Another day, another announcement out of DJI on the Mavic Pro. Last week saw the ship date finally compact into a 7-10 business day window. Today, it’s now within 5-7 business days. It’s not quite the 1-3 business days other DJI products have, but the company is clearing its excessive backlog of preorders. It’s welcome news for those that first ordered the ultra-portable drone when it was announced last year. Now we can expect plenty of aerial footage and photos that are sure to amaze.
Those who have held off on being stuck in preorder purgatory can now expect the Mavic Pro to arrive within a week or so. Customers still waiting on their preordered Mavic should have their orders cleared by January 18th. Good news for the company that is recovering from intense demand, a manufacturing slip up and the GoPro Karma recall.
The three events added up to a perfect storm of demand far outstripping supply. Here’s the latest from DJI on the Mavic Pro.
- What's in this combo: MAVIC PRO Original Package, 2 Extra batteries, 2 Extra propellers, 2 charging hub, 1 car charger, 1 battery to power bank adaptor and a shoulder bag
- The DJI Mavic Pro folds down as small as a bottle of water, making it small enough to bring with you everywhere.New OcuSync transmission system offers up to 4.3 miles (7km) of transmission range.
- Fly at up to 40mph (64kmh) or for as long as 27-minutes.True 4K, fully stabilized ensures smooth footageActive Track, Tap Fly and other smart features make professional looking video effortless.
- Obstacle Avoidance combined with sensor redundancy increases flight safety and reliability.
- Vision positioning paired with GPS and GLONASS ensures precise positioning indoor and outdoors.Fly by Phone over Wi-Fi for even easier flight
We wanted to let you know that now’s the time to pick up that Mavic Pro you’ve had your eye on. This small yet powerful drone can go with you everywhere, turning the sky into your creative canvas and making every moment an aerial moment.
For those stuck waiting, several Facebook groups have popped up for Mavic owners and the videos shared are incredible.
Maybe not on the same level as the Phantom 4 Pro, but you can’t deny the portability aspect of the Mavic Pro. And the camera is nearly on par with the Phantom 3 Pro and 4 but has the increased range found in the top tier of DJI’s line of drones.
Here’s hoping in the next couple of weeks DJI gets the ship date down to the standard 1 to 3 days. Pricing remains the same for the Mavic Pro – $999 for the RC-package and $1299 for the Fly More Combo.
Follow News Ledge
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you make a purchase using one of the affiliated links.