It’s whoo! Cole Train is back baby!
Now that’s a launch trailer. It’s a little early, but I’m not complaining.
It’s been 25 years since the Locust ripped through the ground. Since then, there’s been peace. Marcus Fenix became a farmer. But peace doesn’t last in the Gears universe. A new threat is emerging. Hell, by the look of things a couple of new threats are back. We see the Swarm attack a village our cast are at. And what looks like an infected Locust. I guess there were plenty of bodies for the Swarm to use.
After the attack, JD, Kait and Del need a little help. And who better than the baddest sonofabitch on the planet. Gears of War’s The Rock, AKA Marcus Fenix. Did I say Marcus was a farmer? Well, he kept some souvenirs lying around.
It’s not just the Swarm and resurrected Locust giving JD and company headaches. The COG have gone to a full robotic army (they are called DeeBees). For some reason, they have a major bone to pick with JD and his friends.
We then see few cuts showing off more Swarm, Marcus getting captured, COG Titans and the Cole Train!
A few takeaways.
– Gears of War 4 looks insane. That’s probably PC footage, but Forza Horizon 3’s demo told me there’s plenty of power in the Xbox One to make a damn fine looking game.
– Don’t you dare kill Marcus Fenix. Marcus is the Master Chief of the Gears universe. It was bad enough killing Dom, don’t kill Marcus too.
– Are the Swarm only bringing Locust back from the ‘dead?’ One of the preorder bonuses for Gears of War 4 is the ‘Zombie Dom’ skin. It could just be the developers having fun with skins.
– Cole Train!
– The ‘Nothing Else Matters’ (Metallica cover)? That’s Lissie. You might recognize her voice from another video game trailer. She covered ‘Mother’ for the Evolve – Happy Hunting trailer:
– Gears of War 4 is now back to the top of my most hyped games coming this fall. The usual fall onslaught is about to begin. And I’ll be curb-stomping my way through it. I’ve always enjoyed Gears campaigns. Combine that with the always stellar multiplayer and Horde 3.0? I’ll be set for quite some time.
Let me know what you thought of the launch trailer. It’ll also air on Monday Night Football tonight. I know I’ll be checking it out again on my big screen.
Gears of War 4 launches on Xbox One and PC on October 11th (October 7th for Ultimate Edition owners).
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you make a purchase using one of the affiliated links.