Microsoft’s E3 conference just wrapped up and it was a solid showing for the maker of the Xbox. One of the biggest announcements of the show was the Halo Master Chief Collection. Here’s everything you need to know about it.
– Halo Master Chief Collection will release on November 11 and will retail for $59.99.
– Halo 2’s original multiplayer “untouched” will be included in the Collection. That’s not all. Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 will all have their respective multiplayer modes included. All running at 1080p and 60 frames per second.
What exactly does untouched mean? Weapon glitches such as the ‘BXR’ will be left intact in Halo 2 Anniversary.
– CG studio Blur is handling the remastered cutscenes in Halo 2 according to IGN. You’ll immediately remember their work from the amazing Star Wars: The Old Republic trailers a few years ago.
– Check out the video below to see Halo 2’s remastered multiplayer in action.
– A Halo 5 character is revealed? Speculation was rampant when the Halo 5: Guardians’ box art was unveiled. Who was the figure mirrored on the bottom half of the cover? We get our first potential glimpse at this figure in the video below.
– Halo 5 beta coming this December. 343 Industries is including access to the Halo 5: Guardians beta inside the Master Chief Collection. A brief CGI teaser gave us a glimpse of what to expect in Halo 5: Guardians’ multiplayer. Sliding and dashing are two features immediately spotted in the short teaser.
Halo fans are in for a special treat. I can barely contain my excitement for Halo 2 multiplayer remastered. It was one of the first game’s I ever played online and will always be regarded as one of the best.