The current version of Silent Hills looks dead in the water. Last night, Konami posted a statement reading:

The distribution period of “P.T. (Playable Teaser)” on PlayStation®Store will expire on Wednesday, April 29, 2015.

P.T. is a playable teaser of the new Silent Hills title.


Konami didn’t offer any more details about Silent Hills in its statement.

The news only got worse. The prospects of Silent Hills took an apparent death blow based on comments from Guillermo del Toro during an extended interview at the San Francisco International Film Fest.

He was asked during the interview about the status of Silent Hills. Here’s what he said according to a photojournalist attending the “An Evening with Guillermo del Toro” interview session.


The latest Silent Hill game was a collaboration project between Guillermo del Toro and Hideo Kojima. Norman Reedus (The Walking Dead) was also involved with the project.

The relationship between Hideo Kojima and publisher Konami has been bizarre lately. Earlier this year, Konami removed Kojima’s name and the Kojima Productions logo from its website.

Konami said in a statement at the time, “In accordance with the recent change in production organization of all of Konami, Kojima Productions, as well as other internal production companies, has had its name, etc., changed to move into the corporate headquarters work structure,” Konami stated. “The name and organization have changed, but as before, MGSV: TPP is continuing as a work from director Kojima and the existing team members.”

Earlier this month, Konami added Kojima’s name back to the Metal Gear Solid branding.

With last night’s announcement about P.T. and this quote from del Toro, this version of Silent Hill looks like it isn’t happening.

We will have to wait for official news from Konami, but Silent Hill fans have little reason to be optimistic.

Follow News Ledge

This post may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you make a purchase using one of the affiliated links.