Just when you think you can’t escape the apocalypse, Motoped comes along and extends the range to 400 miles. That’s more than enough to get you to a little place called Aspen. Or your bug out spot.
The Motoped Survival Bike is everything you never knew you wanted in case the world comes crashing down around you. Get out of dodge? A lot easier on a bike versus a gas-guzzling SUV. Plus, this is a moped you can happily tell your friends about.
Pick from a 49cc or 125cc engine which comes complete with two external fuel tanks to extend your range up to 400 miles (weight becomes a factor). Packing some gear? The rack design is made for a variety of bolt-on mounts, harnesses and other gear to live out your Mad Max existence. Blowing gas into the engine is probably a no go from a health standpoint, but at least you can’t outrun the zombies by weaving through abandoned cars.
Unless they are the World War Z zombies. In which case, turn off your damn cell phone and grease the bike.
Motoped Survival Specs
The kit is DIY, so you’ll have to know your way around tools. It isn’t overly complicated, and if you expect to survive a SHTF scenario, it’s best if you know how to fix things.
- Engine Displacement – 49cc / 125cc
- Max Horsepower – 49cc – 2.0 HP @ 7500 RPM / 125cc – 7.78 @ 7500 RPM
- Max Torque – 49cc – 1.70 ft-lbs @ 5500 RPM / 125cc – 6 ft-lbs @ 5000 RPM
- Starter Type – 49cc – Electric / 125cc – Electric & Kickstart
- Front Suspension – 3-way Adjustable DNM Forks (6″ travel or optional 8″ travel)
- Rear Suspension – 2-Way Adjustable DNM Shock
- Brakes – Hayes Prime DH Hydraulic 4 Piston Calipers with 224mm (9″) Rotors
- Rim Size – Alex Rims 26″ Front and 24″ Rear
- Tire Size – Front: 26 x 2.6 Rear: 24 x 3
- Wheelbase – 52″
- Seat Height – 32″ (Standard – 6″ travel) 34″ (Optional – 8″ travel)
- Max Speed – 24 MPH
- Unit Weight – 132 lbs.
Yeah, judging by the max speed, you better hope it’s the Walking Dead zombies over the ones that chased Brad Pitt for 2 hours. 24mph will not cut it against a horde that can scale walls.
Price for the kit depends on the engine. Motoped’s 49cc variant is priced at $3,199, while the 125cc hits $3,799.
The price of having a moped you can be proud of? Now that’s priceless.
Follow News Ledge
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you make a purchase using one of the affiliated links.