We were all inspired by Zac Both’s Vanual. It looked incredible and gave us a blueprint for what you can do with a van. Outside Van, a Portland-based shop, has been in the van conversion business a while.
If you want to truly live in a van down by the river, they can get you there. Jokes aside, the company can take your dreams and make them a reality. From the basics of van conversions to full custom jobs making you the king of the road trip.
It beats lying in the back of the minivan on a family vacation.
Outside Van and Imagination
The base conversion starts at $39,000 and gets you started on mimicking Zach or forging your own path. Key features in a core build include:
- Premium Interior Package
- OSV 3-panel bed
- OSV Pre-runner bumper
- Load lights – gear area
- Window T-vent “Opposite Slider”
- Window T-vent “Sliding door”
- 10-speed roof vents with remote
- OSV Rear Step Bumper
- OSV Sunshades – driver and passenger
- OSV Rear Door Stuff Sacks – lower
It takes the company around 4-7 weeks to handle the conversion, and you provide the van. Yes, the van needs to functional. It doesn’t have to be a looker, but something you found at a junkyard won’t cut it.
Stepping Up in Vans
Yeah, we aren’t all as adept with power tools as the DIY extraordinaire we see on social media. The configurable van package adds a bit more luxury as you work on the final design. Everything in the core conversion plus:
- Power packages
- Diesel Airtop Heat Package
- Solar package
- Windows custom 10 x 33 ( set of 2 )
- Auxiliary seating options
- High output LED light bars
- Cabinet packages – exoskeleton
- Custom color options
- Rear and Slider load light package
- Retractable running boards
- Mac Track package
- Fork Mount Package
Turnaround time is 2-4 months and the price ranges from $50,000-100,000. And you still need a van for them to convert.
Have the cash and are terrible with anything past a basic screwdriver. In 6-12 months, Outside Vans can have you a custom ‘whatever you can dream up’ van for $100,000+. Example options to toss into a custom van include:
- H20 Packages – both hot and cold options
- Showers – internal and external options
- Power Packages
- Custom Galleys with Appliance options – induction stoves/microwaves
- Heating Packages
- Seating /Storage options including swivel Captains chairs
- Sleeping options
- Custom Upholstery
- Air-conditioning Rooftop 12v Aftermarket
- Cabinetry – overhead
- Audio Visual Packages
It gets expensive, but having a luxury studio on wheels isn’t cheap. Head over to the company’s site to see the gallery of vehicles they have completed.