Prepare to become lazier. Sleep Number’s announcement at CES 2017 is the new Sleep Number 360 mattress roll out for 2017. I’d hate to be a mattress in a box right about now. The smart mattress is all inclusive in the technology it puts forward.
And in a slick announcement video, Sleep Number hammers home the point ‘why doesn’t your bed do that?’
An automatic foot warmer? Sign me up. It auto adjusts the comfort level to keep you from rolling around like a maniac. Hey, don’t judge us sleepers that manage to end lying in the opposite direction in the morning. It means we slept pretty damn well.
Those that snore will no longer annoy their spouses. The Sleep Number 360 will automatically raise their half of the bed before you contemplate smothering them. No word if that feature works on a snoring border collie. One can dream.
Other features include pairing it with various fitness wearables to give you insight on how our lack of movement is affecting sleep habits. Hey, don’t put a damn foot warmer in a mattress and I’ll hit the gym.
And because you have to get up at some point, users can set an alarm window via the SleepIQ app that will wake you up when you’re sleeping the lightest. That sounds a bit more enjoyable than my trusty iPhone crickets. Here’s how Sleep Number envisions a normal night with the 360 mattress:
- 10:30 p.m. The sleeper receives a bedtime reminder via the SleepIQ app
- 10:45 p.m. Foot-warming feature automatically turns on in the smart adjustable base before the sleeper gets into bed
- 11 p.m. The smart adjustable base adjusts to the sleeper’s favorite position for reading in bed
- 11 p.m.-7:30 a.m. ResponsiveAir technology constantly senses movements and adjusts mattress comfort during the night
- 1 a.m. Partner begins to snore, and the smart adjustable base raises their head
- 4:30 a.m. If a user gets out of bed to check on a child or use the bathroom, under-bed lighting will automatically turn on (lighting the way in the dark); then turn off when they return to bed
- 7:15 a.m. SleepIQ technology knows what time the sleeper would like to wake up, and an alarm will sound when they are in their lightest stage of sleep during their desired wake-up time window
Pricing is unknown at this point, but Sleep Number is promising multiple models launching through the year. Current pricing for their mattresses start at $800 and quickly head towards $7000. The $7000 model better make the bed up in the morning and fix breakfast. Expect a happy middle and for mattress companies to immediately start to counter.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you make a purchase using one of the affiliated links.