Game Informer is lifting the veil on Tony Hawk 5 today. We get our first look via screenshots and a handful of details.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this year. No specific date has been announced, but I assume it will be this Fall sometime. Look for a more specific date around E3. Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions are also planned and will launch sometime after. It looks like PC fans won’t be getting this one.
2. Co-op and competitive multiplayer is in. Missions can be done by yourself or with a friend.
3. Create your skate parks. Create and share your skate parks with everyone.
4. Power-ups and shooting projectiles join the old-school gameplay. We don’t know how this ties into the gameplay yet, so it’s way too early to judge. This could turn out great, or horrible. I want to see a video of these new additions in action.
5. Tony Hawk is playable. Hopefully, it’s Tony Hawk in his prime. Otherwise, I see why they included power-ups. Today’s popular skaters also join him including Nyjah Huston, Aaron Homoki and others.
Game Informer’s June issue is out right now and comes with a six-page feature on Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5.
Pumped for a new Tony Hawk game? Let me know in the comments below.
Image credits: Game Informer