A list of potential multiplayer modes that could be added to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare appeared on Reddit (via user Senescallo, who also recently published a list of all the Charms, Camos, and 38 upcoming maps) this morning. Thanks to some data mining, we get a glimpse at what Infinity Ward may add in the future. Content plans are always subject to change, so every mode here might not make it in.
17 of the modes include descriptions. Here’s the full list.
- Showdown (+ Hardcore) (gametype_showdown)
- Onslaught (gametype_onslaught)
- Incursion (gametype_incursion)
- Fireteam (+ Hardcore) (gametype_fireteam)
- Breach (gametype_breach)
- Arms Race (+ Hardcore) (gametype_arm)
Team Juggernaut (gametype_tjugg)
- Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Capture points to revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round.
- Take control of a powerful Juggernaut and push to the enemy’s base to win.
One in the Chamber (gametype_oic)
- Gain Ammo by eliminating enemies. Highest score wins.
Invasion (+ Hardcore) (gametype_blitz)
- Take your team’s flag into the enemy team’s base.
- Eliminated Survivors become Infected. Infect everyone, or survive the game to win.
High Value Target (gametype_hvt)
- Gain score by eliminating players on the opposing team. Extract high value enemy combatants to steal score back.
Gun Game (gametype_gun)
- Be the first player to score a kill with each one of the provided weapons.
- Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker to score for your team.
Drop Zone (gametype_dropzone)
- Hold the Drop Zone to earn points and Drone Packages.
- Teams alternate in attacking and defending two bomb sites, both of which must be destroyed by the attacking team equipped with bombs.
- Capture the drone and hold it to upload data and earn points for your team.
Search and Rescue (gametype_sr)
- Teams take turns defending and destroying an objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
Capture the Flag (gametype_ctf)
- Get the enemy flag and return it to your base.
Fire Mission (+ Hardcore) (gametype_btm)
- Eliminate enemies, capture HQ’s and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- Attackers attack bomb site. Defenders defend!
All or Nothing (gametype_aon)
- Spawn with a custom pistol, throwing knife and no starting ammo. Extra perks are gained on kills, but you lose everything on death.
One in the Chamber, Gun Game, and Infected? Hell yes. Too bad we probably won’t get Sticks and Stones, though. I loved that mode back in Black Ops.
These modes haven’t been officially confirmed, but it does give us a good idea of what could be coming in the weeks and months ahead. Don’t expect these all these modes to be up at the same time. We’ve already seen the developers rotate the night maps and Kill Confirmed with updates. I imagine Infinity Ward will take a similar approach with the rest.
The modes look good, but I’m crossing my fingers that list of 38 maps is legit. Most of the community agrees the maps are one of (if not the biggest) weakness in Modern Warfare’s multiplayer.
It’s only been about two weeks since launch, but I’m already anxious to see Infinity Ward’s post-launch content. We’ll see if this list starts to get confirmed when the next new multiplayer mode goes live.